Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oi!Familia! And the week of Mother's Day


Oi Familia! 
(mom can't seem to figure out the fonts and colors on this blog!)
5-20-13
What’s up!

Wow, so good to talk to you guys; it was way fun! You all look amazing!! hahaha I think it is so funny that I had Darin take his shirt off. hahahahaha.

Well, wow so much has happened this week! It was a way good week. Well .. actually.…yeah it was . Difficult but way good. Where to start...
Well, we had transfers. So I live with the zone leaders, the APs, and the District Leader, and then there is me. haha They like to tease me about chain of command and stuff. It’s way fun. One of the APs is Elder Mardiquele. He is a native from Mozambique. He is wayy fun. I love having a native in the house, I feel so much more African! But yeah, it’s way fun to have all those guys in the house, way easier to obey the rules now. We had a house inventory last night. It was sick. It’s going to be a great transfer. And next transfer well be awesome too and then we will finally be a mission! And then all the dang confusion can stop with Mozambique. You guys have no idea how bad it is. Like, because of confusion and mis- communication, blank has been hitting the fan ever since I’ve been here. The work will move so much faster once we become a mission.

So yesterday, there was a dispute kinda at church about the spirit world. Just in one of the classes. Let me tell you, you gotta know your doctrine because every one looks to you! haha Whew I was glad I knew so I could settle it right then and there! Mom and Dad, thank you so much for teaching me the gospel. Oh how I have taken that for granted. You grow up like that and you think that every member just knows it. But, no. Out here you are constantly teaching. Whether it is investigators or members it’s a constant teaching and strengthening; and just talking about doctrine; it’s fun. haha Lately Elder Brown and I have been talking about some deep stuff. Things that we don’t necessarily have exact answers too. haha Blows my mind. It got me curious, so I read the whole Pearl of Great Price. Dang! That is some scripture! Like straight up holiness right there. And the facsimiles in Abraham. holy cow!!! I was studying those and I was like this is nuts! This stuff is way too sacred! It really made me miss the temple. So mom, when I get back, you and me are going to have a long long talk in the temple. Enough said.

So this week our area kind of tanked. All of our solid investigators are moving or getting divided into another area. So Elder Brown and I are back to the drawing board. But the Lord is blessing us. We’re getting in to some RICH houses, and honestly, we don’t like knocking doors, but one day we planned on eating at this restaurant that looked like a new fast food place that was opening. Well, we went there and it was closed. So we went on a food searching adventure. We went to all the close markets and just nothing. However, as cheesy as it is in “The Best Two Years”, the grocery store is one of the best places to find people. So, no luck with the food part though. So we walk around, finally we come to this place called Hotel D and D. It’s on the coast, and the sign said that it had a place that made burgers at the top floor. (bull crap). So we walk up to the top floor which is the third floor and ... like che! This place..... dang! So we go up there, look at the menu... FREAK. I’m not even going to tell you the prices, but we were starving. Elder Brown’s like you in? And I’m like what the heck this is for the experience! So we ate in High flying Style. Like, way high. I swear some of the richest people of Angola eat there! I didn’t get any pics of the inside but I did of the balcony. It was way fun.

So some of the members have found out that they like my voice. My singing voice specifically, cause one time we were in one of their cars and I started singing the country song, Time is Love and they just freaked! Like they were in awe. So now it’s always "Sing Elder Tingey! Sing!" haha It’s funny. They love it when I sing American songs. Like yesterday, Mila asked me to sing Backstreet Boys. haha It was funny. And they love it when the Elders sing Book of Mormon stories and the do the motions. They love it for some reason.

So you know the Elders in the house like to tease me about everything. Yeah, like how I don’t have any authority in the house and what not. But the also like to tease me about my looks. Yeah its kinda funny. First, they said I look like Anakin Skywalker, and then everyone in the house rated me a 9 or a 10 on the looks. It was really weird. hahaha. A bunch of dudes rating my looks. haha So Elder Brown tells me sometimes to turn on the charm and flirt to convert. haha jk! Just turn on the charm to get us in the house to talk to the family. What can I say?! I’m charming eh?

So... what else, Oh as I was walking here to the cafe, I saw everyone in the street and on the side of the street screaming bloody murder, running around, grabbing everything they had and running. I thought some one shot a gun. But no, it was just the police walking through. Yeah that’s how corrupt they are. Needless to say the people technically were breaking the law by vending on the side of the road. But... the police just like to walk through and steal things when they do that. Bribes man. Part of African culture…as Elder Mariquele says.

Well.. I think that’s the rap. Oh shoutout to Elder Walker. Love you trainer! It was sad to see him go. We had a good bonding moment before he left. Ah ,and now the thompson’s are leaving this week! Gosh!  Anyway, hope everyone is well. Dad love the SkyJump place. Btw, I found some good places to put one here. Can’t wait to go down there when I get back. Last week of school?! Not even! Wow! TIme is flying.!

Well, loves to all!
Elder Tingey



The Week of Mother’s Day

May 13, 2013

What up everyone! So this email will probably be short because a I'm typing on an ipad and typing huge things on an iPad is just dang frustrating and well, I’ll be talking with my number 1 fans today! 

So this week was a little haha tough because I was just getting excited to talk to you family! And you know me when I get excited. I get excited! Like jumping and bouncing off walls literally! But none the less, we worked really pretty well this week. On Tuesday we had an 8 lesson day! Like the whole day filled up to the brink! Record. And then we set 5 baptismal dates this week. What up! Doing work in Benfica! I was really scared that I was going to leave Benfica this week because of transfers but I’m staying Woo! with Elder Brown heck yeah! And guess what? The new ZLs and AP's will be living in my house! Heck yeah! Guess what that means ..... our house gets a car! For the APs that we will totally use to get rides with them to church and p days! It's gonna be sick. I'm stoked! 

So funny stories. Met two crazy people this week. Sooo funny! This one guy starts talking to us in crap Portuguese and then broken English and then some African language and then at the end of his crazy sermon to us he goes in Portuguese "Glory to God! Preach the gospel! " hahaha Yep, ya got the right idea buddy, it just needs a little work! 

Then we went to president’s this week to pick up Elder Brown’s package and right before we walked in I realized my name tag was gone! Dang it! I was so mad and then we walked into president’s and they had company from South Africa! I was so embarrassed. Yes I'm Elder No Name, nice to meet you! So I'm using my magnet one that I hate. Sister is ordering me a new one though. Alright I'll finish this later I'm going to call you! 




Well sorry but I got to go! President is on my tail to get off! arg. cao! I love you! 


Elder Tingey 
At the house
At the restaurant

Faith being tried on the miss!


Love these kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment